This course is an interactive workshop which will provide carers with a wide range of low cost but engaging activities they can use to engage with hard to reach children. We feel it is important to bond with children and build strong relationships with trust at the heart. Carers will be expected to unleash their creativity and also learn how play can help children recover from trauma and communicate how they feel about themselves.
· Geocaching: Carers will learn about geocaching and create geocaches.
· Understand “places of attachment” and neutral places.
· Dealing with challenging behaviours in a constructive way.
· Alternative ways of saying no.
· Helping children break free from chaos.
· Building self-esteem and self-worth.
· Feelings rolls: Understand how to create a feelings roll and how this can be used to help children express their feelings.
· Learn how to make play dough and salt dough.
· Making “boring” things fun.
· Engaging with older young people.
· Clay-play, helping children express feelings with clay.
How to book:
Workshops / In person training typically runs from 10am – 2:30pm. For all in person training send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the contact form below.